244 stocks and stock complexes were reviewed for their overfishing status.
- 203 (83 percent) are not subject to overfishing, while 41 (17 percent) are.
- Seven stocks were taken off the overfishing list in 2007, the largest number
removed in a single year since NOAA has been compiling the report.
190 stocks and stock complexes were reviewed for their overfished status.
- 145 (76 percent) are not overfished, while 45 (24 percent) are. A stock or
complex is considered to be overfished when its population numbers fall below a
- Four complexes are no longer overfished.
- Three complexes have fully rebuilt to target levels.